As an environmentalist, why I would do this?
- My environmental work requires me to carry passengers, equipment, and supplies far from public transportation on sometimes muddy, hard-to-pass roads, and so my car serves as my company vehicle.
- When I'm not working and at home in central San Francisco, my car just sits in the parking lot, so why not let other folks use it? If you as a Borrower only need a car once in while, this keeps you from buying a car and maintaining it - payments, storage/parking, gas, maintenance, registration, and insurance.
- As someone who's been temporarily disabled and has not always been a car owner, I understand that sometimes public transportation is just not the best choice for getting around.
- Sharing the freedom with others: getting outside the city, traveling during hours with limited public transportation, moving stuff, transporting stuff (lots of groceries, furniture, sports equipment), hanging out with friends and family, etc.
- Last but not least, we all know as hard-working folks who aren't independently wealthy that living in SF is not cheap, but we love it here, so hopefully I can make a little extra towards maintaining and keeping a car (insurance, gas, and registration). Besides that, I make monthly and annual donations to my favorite non-profits, so the funds help in my own personal philanthropy/tithe department.
As a thank you from me to you, here are promo codes:
Borrowers - No signup fees + $25 Driving credit: Borrow1
Owners - Free installation: Own1
Click here to Like on Facebook.
Click here to Follow on Twitter.
Oh yeah, want to know what kind of car I have? I have a 2011 Subaru Forester, a Partial Zero Emission Vehicle (PZEV). Special shout out to the folks at Modesto Subaru!